We're Food People....
with culinary-work histories & business backgrounds in all phases & capacities of the specialty food industry - salespeople & marketers - importers & brokers - manufacturers & distributors - retailers & merchandizers - cooks & bakers - dining managers & foodservice operators - guild founders & entrepreneurs.
Our unique capability to draw upon our FoodLuxe team's proven sales processes, market strategy programs, customer network & logistics expertise, enables us to transform your delicious idea into a meticulously-crafted specialty food brand - in the right package - on the right shelf - in the right kitchen - on the right table in every major U.S. market... & all over the world.
Cardoos and McKenna
- President of Mt. Vikos, Inc. from 1989-2009. Imported specialty cheeses and other foods from Greece, Spain, Cyprus. Established brand in the US market from $0 sales to $40MM dollars in sales. Built brand that is currently sold throughout the US in specialty & supermarket channels. Mt. Vikos became the predominate brand in the US for Mediterranean product lines
- Introduced Innes Rosales in the United States
- Responsible for packing design, product growth strategy, etc.
- Brand Manager for 8 specialty brands at Blue Marble Brands, a subsidiary of UNFI, Inc. creating marketing strategy, new item development, packaging & label design
- Travelled extensively throughout Europe sourcing & working with artisan food producers. Established manufacturers for business in the United States
- Member of ACS for 10 years, founding member of the Massachusetts Cheese Guild
Co-Director - FoodLuxe
Founder/President - McKenna Marketing, Inc.
Co-Director - Cardoos Marketing
Co-Director - MidWest Specialty
- Entered the foodservice distribution industry in 1982.
- Established McKenna Marketing, Inc. in 1995, to represent top-quality national specialty food brands in all major U.S. markets, from small independent shops to chains.
- Industry-recognized cheese authority, instrumental in developing the American artisan cheese category in U.S. & international markets.
- Past President - American Cheese Society; Board Member - 12 years, Member - 21 years
- Advisory Board Member - Vermont Farmstead Cheese Co.
- CCA Instructor
- NASFT Panel Consultant
- Noted source & spokesman for specialty food industry publications